The Abraham Connection Questions & Answers :: View topic - Prophecies about Mohammad
The Abraham Connection Questions & Answers Forum Index

Register   FAQ   Search  Log in

Prophecies about Mohammad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Abraham Connection Questions & Answers Forum Index -> Fulfilled Prophecies About Isa
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mohammad

Post Post subject: Prophecies about Mohammad Reply with quote

From the teachings of Muslim scholars, it is clear that Prophet Mohammad (pbuh) was prophecied by both Prophet Moses and Jesus (pbut). They say that Jesus prophecied about Mohammad (pbut) in the Gospel of John, as the one who would "guide you into all truth"?
    But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. John 16:13

In that case would not the claim that Mohammad (pbuh) is greater than any other Prophet and is the "seal of prophethood" make sense?

Last edited by mohammad on Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:15 pm
mohammad View user's profile Send private message
omar
Site Admin

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your question Mohammad -

You are right in say that Muslim scholars do claim that Mohammad, the prophet of Islam is mentioned in the Bible. What many scholars who have studied the Bible in the original Hebrew and Greek have said is that this is not supportable as when one reads the whole context, it becomes clear that the verse you quote is really talking about the Spirit of God and not of Mohammad. Please read for your self below:
    12"I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. 13But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. 14He will bring glory to me by taking from what is mine and making it known to you. 15All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will take from what is mine and make it known to you. John 16:12-15
Can this spirit of truth, the promised one, this counsellor, the comforter, be a human being or a prophet; or is he a spirit, specifically, the Holy Spirit of God? As you read these verses and more in Chapters 14 and 16 of the Gospel of John, consider what has been said, you too, must come to a conclusion. For a very detailed response to this question, we recommend this link.

Perhaps the reason that Muslim scholars make the claim, is that the Quran says that Mohaamd is predicted in the Injeel. So attempts are made to perhaps take a verse or two out of context and apply that to Mohamad. The source of this problem is really the following two ayah from the Quran which claims it.

"Those who follow the apostle, the unlettered Prophet, whom they find mentioned in their own (scriptures), - in the law and the Gospel; - for he commands them what is just and forbids them what is evil; he allows them as lawful what is good (and pure) and prohibits them from what is bad (and impure); He releases them from their heavy burdens and from the yokes that are upon them. So it is those who believe in him, honour him, help him, and follow the light which is sent down with him, - it is they who will prosper." (Sura 7:157)

And remember, Jesus, the son of Mary, said: "O Children of Israel! I am the apostle of God (sent) to you, confirming the Law (which came) before me, and giving Glad Tidings of an Apostle to come after me, whose name shall be Ahmad." But when he came to them with Clear Signs, they said, "this is evident sorcery!" (Surah 61:6)
It is crucial, therefore, that these passages be found. Without them, Muhammad has no outside evidence to prove his prophethood and the Quran its authority. Where as Jesus has so many detailed prophecies about him(see link), in the Taurat, Zabur and the Prophets, Mohammad has none - so in that sense, Jesus is the real seal of prophethood. In addition, where as the Taurat, Zabur and the Prophets look forward to Jesus, the Injeel looks back on to Jesus. Hence based on the testimony of scipture there is no need for any more written scripture. The Injeel is the last and final scripture from God. Hence there is no need for the Quran.
Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:45 pm
omar View user's profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Abraham Connection Questions & Answers Forum Index -> Fulfilled Prophecies About Isa All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: