The Abraham Connection Questions & Answers :: View topic - Jesus has human attributes, so he cannot be God.
The Abraham Connection Questions & Answers Forum Index

Register   FAQ   Search  Log in

Jesus has human attributes, so he cannot be God.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Abraham Connection Questions & Answers Forum Index -> Is Jesus merely a Messenger or Son of God?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mohammad

Post Post subject: Jesus has human attributes, so he cannot be God. Reply with quote

I think when it comes to some Christians, they must be either decieved by Satan or do not use their minds. I say this not to insult you, but it is obvious and logical that Jesus was only human from simply reading the Injeel. For example, the Injeel say he died on the cross. How could God die? God surely cannot die! Or when the Injeel says that no once has seen God, but all of the disciples saw Jesus. See reference below:
    No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us. 1 John 4:12

Please, I invite you to accept Islam - the only religion that is acceptable to Allah.
Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:57 pm
mohammad View user's profile Send private message
omar
Site Admin

Post Post subject: Response to - Jesus has human attributes, so he cannot be .. Reply with quote

Salaams Mohammad -

I thank you for taking the time to read some of the Injeel scriptures and ask us your question. I commend you for doing that. The Quran at many places does acknowledge that God's Word cannot be corrupted and that the Injeel is God's Word.

Regarding your comment that Jesus cannot be God because Jesus died on the cross and that people saw Jesus, but the Injeel claims that no one has seen God. These are very appropriate questions and it is clear that you think critically and do not take it at face value all that you read. I hope I can answer your question cleary. Also, we at The Abraham Connection understand that you may not believe as we do, and so we take your question as in interest and not an insult. Please continue to ask your questions.

Yes, Jesus has human attributes so he cannot be God, is making the assumption that God cannot come to earth in human form and take on human limitations willfully. Can we truly tell God what he can or cannot do? We say our God is Great and if in his wisdom has chosen to come in human form, who are we to question God? So this implies that God came in human form, not man being promoted to God! Please review our earlier response for a detailed explanation of Jesus' humanity and Divinity

After you read the above link, you will note that God did not die, but that Jesus, the Word of God that took on flesh was separated from God the Father. The word "death" in hebrew does not mean "destruction" but "separation". Even the Quran teaches that when a person dies, only their body dies, their soul lives on and feels pain, etc. No there is no discrepancy in Jesus dying - God is still running the Universe.

Now regarding the scripture from the Injeel - 1 John 4:12, you will see from the contect of that this is referring to God the Father and not Jesus.

This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us. We know that we live in him and he in us, because he has given us of his Spirit. And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world. 1 John 4:9-13
Jesus also said that no one has seen the Father. So there is no discrepancy.
    It is written in the Prophets: 'They will all be taught by God.' Everyone who listens to the Father and learns from him comes to me. No one has seen the Father except the one who is from God; only he has seen the Father. I tell you the truth, he who believes has everlasting life. John 6:45-47
I hope we at The Abraham Connection have answered your question. Please do write back and let us know. I encourage you to continue reading the Injeel. May God bless you and your quest to know the Truth.

Omar
Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:45 pm
omar View user's profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Abraham Connection Questions & Answers Forum Index -> Is Jesus merely a Messenger or Son of God? All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: